J&L Green Family farm raises approximately 10,000 chickens and turkeys a year. These are processed, packaged and marketed through our on-farm store.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Participate in all aspects of poultry butchering from the kill station through quality control and packaging
- Prepare butchering pad for pre- and post-processing activities
- Prepare, package and freeze whole and parted birds
- Standing work in outdoor-shaded conditions for eight or more hours
- Education of food preparation or meat cutting experience preferred but not required
- Strong communication, task management
- Able to safely use a straight knife.
- Physical fitness: you must be able to stand for eight or more hours and potentially lift up to 30-50 pounds and stoop or squat
- Attention to detail and a willingness to maintain the highest quality standards
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Ability to work in a professional, team based environment
- Willingness to report to a management.
- Willingness to take responsibility for work performed
• Hours: 15-30 hrs. a week (typically 2-4 days/week)
• Typical Butcher-Day Hours: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM. (times may vary by day)
NOTE: Hours and butcher days may vary slightly depending on the season and production numbers.